Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Thursday 17 February 2011

stupid, irrelevant thought discussion between myself and myself

I have thought in great depth on how to display this issue, if at all. I think I am having good fun writing this blog and therefore posts tend to have a 'positive' feel to them. I am however, human, and therefore negative thoughts can be had. I am sorry to write this, but hey, if problematic, just ignore.

I am, as ever, dosed up on good black coffee, so apologies if my typing is faster than my thought process.

My mind, I often feel now, is split into two characters PMF and Rational Reality. A play is created.

PMF:....... she was alright!..
RR: Yes, yes she was, but no reaction please. Leave her alone, she doesn't need any interaction at all.
PMF: But I would just compliment her. There's no harm in being polite.
RR:True, but best just to leave alone, you'll get no positive response of which you dream. Remember, you're in a wheelchair, that's what she'll see first and therefore your limitations become obvious.
PMF: She might not.....
RR: She will.
PMF: Doh. Therefore as long as I'm in this wheelchair, I am stumped, no chance.
RR: With random strangers, definitely not. But then no, you shouldn't, they're random strangers. You don't know them.
PMF: Right, problems. I'll meet no-one then. Even once I am out of this wheelchair, I will have problems, and I will be too old, no marriage, no children . I am going through my 'peak' physically disabled.
RR: You're lucky to be going through your 'peak'(20s, 30s, 40s) age. You have a life to live.
PMF: Oh shut up, you make me sound suicidal, which i am definitely not.
RR: Think of all of the joy you have. You know that you have had a very good life so far, so I'm sure you'll continue.
PMF: but oh to have a good girlfriend
RR: you're ok at the moment, take every day as it comes just like Arsene concentrating on Wolves only a  few days before Barcelona. You can, like Arsene, win both. You'll get a girlfriend when you least expect. You're still young(ish), and you have time.
PMF: GGGRRRRRRR


Starring: Rational Reality as RR
and Poor Misguided Fool as PMF

RR: Aren't you a Starsailor song?
PMF: Off the first album? yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment