Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 18 July 2014

riverside

today...

:)
I type this week's post, a  bit hot, dazed and confused, by the riverside.
Agnes Obel - riverside



I went to Agnes Obel's gig last Saturday, in Somerset House, London. Very, very good. I was on my own, but came across another wheelchair user with whom I shared the 'prime view' from the accessible platform(best view in the house). Her French-Canadian nationality meant I was happily flirting in Franglais, all night long!

The Tour de France. The grandest of the three-week grand-tours. Ok, I realise that I am getting old, when tradition is altered. Now, I think that there always used to be two rest-days (when riders could get their hair cut, and dope up), on the middle two Mondays. I may be wrong, but it now seems to be on the middle two Tuesdays! Ok, this may be a trivial, insignificant matter to most, but for a lifelong lover, I found it a surprise (life has had to be planned around Channel4, ITV, and Eurosport schedules, carefully)!

Life.
I can-never, nor should-ever, compare my life to anyone else. I cannot ever expect to live life 'normally'. I have lived minimally, so therefore would like to choose a life-of-no-pressure. This is impossible. I am confused. A problem that is far too complicated, life.
Deeeeeep, sorry, next…

A German won the day's stage, and Germany won the World Cup.
Tony Martin celebrating before kick-off!


Wednesday, my 'total page view' count reached 20,000! Meaningless, maybe, but it's a nice round figure on which stop and cheer!
20,000

Giuliano’s 

I want to give the biggest  'shout-out', in support of a very very good independent cafe in Kingston. It may often be quiet and small, however the delicious food is made for you by Giuliano himself. Perhaps unsurprisingly it serves Italian deli at its best. Although it is in Central Kingston, it misses out on much of the custom going to larger, more visible cafés. Top quality food (and coffee), needs support!

so, Brits don’t cheat? hmmm….
The above article, shows to all, that 'drug-taking', 'cheating', exists. It is sooooo foolish just to sweep-under-the-carpet any British examples, blaming 'drug cheating foreigners'. Cheating is a fact of life. No matter where, humans always want more success. If 'cheating' allows you to improve, people will cheat.

Always choose what you should do, yourself as an individual. Choose what is right for YOU... Trust your instinct. Use common sense.
Continue to do so. Fate will do the rest. By continuing, your self confidence will grow. Always try to understand and respect others' decisions, but always make your own choice.You will boost your self-belief. Others will have their thoughts, but, only YOU will know yourself. Only YOU will have your experiences to use advantageously. Keep proud of them, use them well.

confused?
never mind...
St Paul's Cathedral

No comments:

Post a Comment