Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 15 April 2016

Interesting...

.

..Very interesting.
I have regularly been considered ‘the modern day Sir Isaac Newton’. Now I have proof!
I have to disagree, however, with the claim that it is impossible to talk about coffee for more than twenty seconds!
I was at the Bar Italia today for the first 2016 visit. 

'One could argue that these intelligentsia and knowledge economy workers – Samuel Peyps and Sir Isaac Newton were regulars'

http://www.theguardian.com/cities/2016/apr/08/coffee-shops-gentrification-urban-change?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Daytime, I don’t drink mugs of coffee anymore…
I am strict:
Macchiato Espresso, pre breakfast (Cappuccinos only allowed on weekends)
Espresso and Water, daytime
Americano, night time (or a 'Espresso Singolo' after a dinner out)


SWLSPRING NEWSLETTER
It is April, mid-Spring, but fear not I had completed the work weeks ago. Our newsletter has been printed, delivered and Green Voice is now available online...

I have also designed a layout for everyone, explaining how simple the voting system actually is. It is easy, and accessible, and I pity those who are too lazy, and vote before researching their options.



(click on image to enlarge)

May 5th
= just under 3 weeks to go!!


Alan Duncan vid (link)
I only touch lightly on this video, because the fool offends me so much, he shall not get the respect of this blog (nor the video, you have to follow link).
Social Responsibility. His words show absolutely NONE. Sickening.

"Shouldn't the PrimeMinister's critics really just snap out of their synthetic indignation, and admit that their real point is that they hate anyone who has even got a hint of wealth in their name. So, may I support the PrimeMinister, in fending off those who are attacking him, particularly in thinking of this place, because if he doesn’t, we risk seeing a House of Commons which is stuffed full of low-achievers, who hate enterprise, hate people who look after their own family, and who know absolutely nothing about the outside world.”
Alan Duncan
11th April 2016

His first name is a four-letter word.

I even have difficulty crediting him, by referring to 'it' as a 'human'. It reflects so poorly on his group of beings (aka 'Conservatives').
People may be disappointed by my attitude, yet I feel I have more than enough reason to feel such despair at this government.
This left me with such a horrible feeling inside me. I don't think I have ever despised anyone to such an extent, for speaking one set of words!

Well, a new paragraph, a different subject. I do not want to class my MP as low as 'it'. I am prepared to allow him two months until he responds to my letter (dated on this blog as March 17). James Berry has yet to respond.
A month since my letter…

I almost forgot that this blog is about my life as a wheelchair user!
Mtb experience
I often find myself reminded of my mountain-bike skills (learnt and used trans-global, North-Downs, French Alps, Wales, Canada). Reminded when gauging handlebar/wheelchair widths to fit through gaps, wheel stability on various gradients/surfaces, etc.
Obviously not quite comparable, but these skills have been learnt (in a previous life).

I have talked coffee, wheelchairs, now music!
An artist from 'my time' has an album out today. She has appeared before on this blog, duetting with Josh Homme, although PJ Harvey is known a lot more, for her solo work. I have not heard her new album yet, but await with expectation!

No comments:

Post a Comment