Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




click image for original scale

Friday 30 December 2016

Welcome 2017!

A reminder from last week of my favourite album of 2016. 
'Not to disappear' was released by Daughter near the beginning of 2016. Throughout the year it grew on me, more, and more.


Daughter - PG album of the year 2016





Happy new year!


2017, this weekend! Aaaaaah!
I am yet to finalise my 'new year's resolution'. I will set it with regards to what I eat.
I eat well,  but feel relatively rigid, in terms of what i buy. I must be open to buying and preparing 'unknowns'. I am going to stop 'offering compliments'/flirting with girls. I have done so, freely, without a care in the world, for a decade. Forever unsuccessful, I now feel that i should give up and accept my fate.
2017 will be a welcome change. 
Light, a positive future, following a dark, horrible, miserable 2016.
For most, 2016 seemed to be a year heading on a downhill from the start! Unfortunately the descent never stopped. We have to cite successes, be pleased, happy, and proud of our achievements.

Personally, I remain ultra-pleased with the success of Sian Berry, Caroline Russell, et al in the London Green Party.
This success helps to counter-balance some global, political disasters for progressive politics, in 2016. Disastrous steps 'backwards' are Brexit and Trump.
I cannot sulk too much. It is a new year approaching, it is about time that everyone, everywhere woke up!

It is 2017, this weekend. Woh! It was ten years ago that I awoke, and begun to learn to live again! I was still 22, and I knew that I was incredibly fortunate of EVERYTHING. I was however, unsure of my next step along my life’s path. I was not prepared to face the facts, that I would have to spend my next, immediate, future years ‘disabled’. I remember predicting, as a child/teenager, that people’s twenties/thirties are very, very definitive. Prime age of sportstars, celebrities, etc. People find jobs/occupations, and husbands/wives. I had not decided exactly where i was to work full time, I knew that i was so grateful of my girlfriend having stuck with me for as long as possible afterwards, but i didn’t want this.  She deserved the best possible, and i knew it. Then, I was strong enough to tackle this alone. But, now what? 

Accessibility of coffee shops
I have been pleasantly surprised. Not only is my 'other main' blog proving popular and useful.
I am surprised by the fact that I have been able to access all 20 of the coffee shops investigated. I have approached all as 'new-to-me'. The only two shops that are not visually accessible, are here in Surbiton,  and have ramps  enabling access for wheelchairs. I have to admit that I failed to investigate toilet facilities everywhere. Some shops do and some don't. Nowhere, no where has proved impossible to enter! Difficult, yes, but staff are always more than happy to help, often rearranging furniture etc.
:)

Thank you to those who have messaged me in response to reading this blog. It means so much, thank you.

Spinning the wheel


RIP George Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment