Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




click image for original scale

Friday 27 January 2017

euro-centric?

You may have noticed various advertisements thrown at your face by this blog recently. But now, I have scrapped them. Coffee-related adverts remain on my other blog, but not here. I hold this blog too close. It is so personal, i continue to ensure that I will only promote  what I choose, and want to promote. Financial gain was virtually non-existent, allowing some, so I clean it of all. I only promote/advertise what I want. This blog is too special.



Leader of the Free World’

I pressed my iPhone on, and was shown a headline by Sky News, using the above five words, on Saturday. It was referring to the inauguration of the new US President, i understood. However, I felt dazed and confused that Donald Trump is now widely considered as 'Leader Of The Free World'!
... Hehehe.... Is this some kind of sick joke? I then view pictures of Michael Gove, with DT, remember 'the NF' also sucking DT, and i panic in terror, shamefully. I think that walls, castles and catapults were used back in the Middle Ages...




It is 2017, the third millennium. Such a vast proportion of the previous two have been dominated by residents of this planet, fighting themselves. Only towards the end of the second millennium, did humans make an enormous invention of immense nuclear power. Now, the human threat to each other, is too great. Human existence is under threat, if they continue to fight each other. Stalemate. The only thing left, that humans can fight, successfully, is the enemy that they all face. Planet Earth's climate is such a big, key, unique thing. Not a military combat needed obviously, more of a 'lifestyle combat'. 100% of effort that may be wasted on in-fighting, needs to be used by Earth's humans, to protect and prolong human existence. We cannot exist without this planet's climate.

OK, sorry for getting a bit deeeeeeep there! 




I was relieved to find that my gym fitness/capabilities returned to my normal level, after having hit the base of the 'fitness trough', last week (explained in last week's post).
Gym level



The following day provided me with proof that I think visually...


I had visited central London, travelling south-wards over the river, on Waterloo bridge, towards the station, and train home. It had just passed 4pm...
... I was visually aware of key points that symbolise 4.00. Checked my watch, looked up, took the photo!


I always seem to end up 'flirting' with girls who turn out to be Italians in England...
;)
Scary, wrong maybe, but this fact does surprise and amuse me, as I am English! I always speak in English, then discover nationality...
Parlo un poco d'Italiano!!!

After I shouted goodbye to a friend(Italian)across the road, 'Arrivederci, buonesera!!', a mother and child looked at me puzzled, so asked 'Are you Italian?'
'Hehehe. Noooo. English.'

Euro-centric 
Another picture taken on Tuesday's London trip, was taken from a similar position, earlier in the day! An image of the Euro coin amused me as I viewed that Britain is located virtually at the centre of this coin! Surely pro-brexiters will want all Euro coins scrapped and melted?...



It's best not to fear it, just do it

I was on a rush-hour train back home, Tuesday. Very good station staff at Waterloo provided the ramp, to board easily, into an empty train that soon filled up around me! Midway, I scrambled for my bag and phone to make the note. I did not fear negotiating everyone to exit the train upon 'Surbiton' arrival. I knew that I would get out eventually, there was no need to panic. I realised with embarrassment that I used to predict and fear problems. I now know that I am used to problems, so i deal with them if faced.

A few more photos, that you may have already seen via Instagram/Facebook...


A view of winter evening sun, down my Balaclava Road, Surbiton.





Extracts from recently published book, available through the NHS


No comments:

Post a Comment