Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 24 February 2017

'short'?

A fairly short post this week.

I am forced to shop on a fairly low budget, which I do very well! I supermarket-shop, with a conscience. I try and shop 'ethically'...
I am able to shop in a wide range of Surbiton shops. I tend to buy toiletries in Boots, or more, if i see fit, in Poundland. I keep to a strict budget, when doing my weekly grocery shop, but into Waitrose I go. I have made myself very aware of some basic foods, keeping within a budget. Personally, i think it is very good, having 12-month availability of some foods. However, I also believe that packaging and transportation costs must be made minimal, by everyone. Shops must encourage the sale of ‘homegrown foods’.  Whilst, this perhaps seems a very ‘Brexit-attitude’, this is obviously not why i argue for such. The volumes of (often non-biodegradable) polymer-waste that are used, to protect those perishable vegetables on flights across the world, need to be exposed. 
The total environmental cost of such transportation of 'fresh fruit and vegetables' is huge and sickening, but remains hidden because some businesses are making too much money, for it ever to be exposed fully!

I own up to half-pint of Guinness accompanying me, whilst i type many of these notes on Tuesday evening. My excuse being that i spent a 5-minute session on my gym-bike 'in-the-zone', for the first time this year!

Thursday 23rd, day of 'Doris', my coffee call was felt greater by me.

As you've been reading for over six years, this blog is entirely singular. Me, me, me, all about me. This is because i need to check that my mind is working as regular humans expect. Strange, yes, but working well (maybe)! My best, closest friends are also my oldest friends. I may have never been considered to be amazingly sociable, and currently I feel in need of MY mind's lonesome strength. I do not find 'making friends' too easy, now. This scares me a lot. Friends are difficult, girlfriends are near-impossible! Fear not though, forget, continue. What'll be, will be!

Music. Some clips of my music hero performing tracks, solo. I just found this yesterday, as a friend posted the video on Facebook




It is only through typing this post, that I find a similar video of another of my heroes...


I am now suffering, have to choose which one to listen to first! ...
...Mr Yorke wins! ;)

My/our latest creation...



No comments:

Post a Comment