Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




click image for original scale

Friday 24 March 2017

Legend

Milan-SanRemo 2017 has been and gone. We await 'Tour of Flanders', in the beginning of April. The proper cycling season has begun!
:)

The strangest things have always irritated me.
I have a road-cyclist's brain. Maybe injured, but it is still a live, working brain of a road cyclist. I have failed to progress in the last decade, maybe. But I howl with horror, when i view a high-end, 'light-weight', racing bicycle, fitted with disc-brakes. When top-end professional racers are forcing themselves to take drugs, without detection, performance levels are totally maximised throughout. Why strap an unnecessary added weight to yourself?  I have never known a problem surrounding the older, more classic 'rim-brakes'. There must be a reason that i am yet to find. A rapidly spinning rotary blade, bare, amongst a packed peloton.


Why?... 


Peter Sagan - true champion!
Second placed competitor, at the Milano - San Remo, was the rider who truly ignited the race on the final climbs of the Cipressa and the Poggio. World Champion, Peter Sagan progressed into the final roads as a clear favourite. At a top-level, of such a huge sport, characters with such humane personality are so rarely found in any sport.    Peter Sagan is such a true champion, he seems to perform, and win promoting such justice, in a sport where it is rarely found. He can be a favourite to win any type of race (hilly, flat sprint, cobbled classic, all-weather). Ok, perhaps not a mountainous race or a time--trial, but everywhere else.

Tom Boonen
Leading the peloton, last week, on the way to San-Remo

A similar image as below, depicting the finish of 2005 World Championships.

A strong, Belgian rider, was found at the front of the Italian classic, as it approached San-Remo. Tom Boonen was riding selflessly, for his 'Quickstep' team. The 2005 World Champion turned professional for Lance Armstrong's 'US Postal' team in 2002. He has won Tour of Flanders three times, and Paris-Roubaix four times, amongst many many more smaller victories.
The sprint legend's 2005 Worlds victory was also used for the cover to 'Colours of the Peloton'.

Outside John Lewis, Kingston, Boonen (181) on his way to claiming victory in the 2016 'London-Surrey Classic'.

Cover of my book, depicts sprint finish of 2005 World Championships.



Music. 

I hurt sometimes, everybody does. My life, for the past ten years, has been non-stop 'goal targeted' then 'effort given' and 'result given'. I am a very productive person, am pleased with what i give/provide, yet I am still awaiting to receive what my mind needs. Too long. 

Tonight...
Italy v Albania (a 2018 WC qualifier, tonight)
Gianluigi Buffon 1000 games!

What a legend!
Senior international debut 20 years ago, 1997 :)
Best goalkeeper ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment