Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




click image for original scale

Friday 7 April 2017

'Drink in', please!



Tuesday 4th: 
I'm progressing through this week, 'noteless' (I have nothing to talk about, as yet).
So I briefly review statistics, surprised to find that's my most popular post, has been fairly recent.


It means so much to me. Thank you!
People actually do read my thoughts! The most popular page on this website, is from early December 2016.
Although, i talk about music, and coffee, and ... DONUTS, perhaps the stand-out paragraph is at the beginning, where i talk about ‘self-confidence’ and it’s importance. Statistics show me that my blog's growth in popularity ever-since.

Adverts have been and gone, returned, and gone again. They appear on the blog as i realise it's popularity, they are then banished as i want to keep the blog clean and '100% me'. I am hurt when i find that Google selects which adverts to incorporate, and i starting losing my blog.

...One of the five greatest musicians.

You do not have to be as 'coffee obsessed' as myself, to recognise that both cafes and coffee shops sell drinks  either to 
Drink 'in'
Or 
Drink 'to go' with rubbish
Pay less to litter the environment easier. It is cheaper to buy, and leave the shop
... Vendors will charge the customer less, usually, if drinks are sold 'to go'. This means that it is in an individual's financial interest to arm themselves with litter, holding a magical drink which will be drunk whilst one is not concentrating. This is NOT HOW YOU DRINK COFFEE! It is too special, and deserves your attention. If you just need the caffeine hit, then you're not a lover, go get a Red-Bull (at least you can re-cycle the can)!


Above: Stacks of single-use, non-recyclable waste. Pre-packed litter!
Below: In a rush? Drink a hit from this! 60 seconds...



If you are in a rush, need a caffeine-hit, want a coffee, go into a coffee-shop, and drink an Espresso Shot, or a Espresso Macchiato (Espresso stained with milk).

Espresso 'to go'?
I was in a coffee shop earlier in the week, and i overhear the following customer. In a rush (suit and briefcase accompanied), he briskly orders 
'AN ESPRESSO TO GO!'
But then he grabs a 'cup holder/cardboard sleeve', a couple of napkin serviettes, taking his time...
Why not down the espresso, in the shop, and then rush when you move on, away!?
Three gulps, it takes to neck an espresso, without wasting the use of the cardboard-cup which is non-recyclable, litter on the streets. 60 seconds, or little more.
I think that this may be a different 'personality trait'. I like to pay things 100% attention before i shift it onto focus on something else.
I do not like multi-tasking. If I do something, I give 100%, otherwise I review myself with disgust.
Coffee is no exception.
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment