Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




click image for original scale

Friday 12 May 2017

two words

...Two words
'Shit happens'
The easier that people accept this concept, the quicker their mental approach towards life becomes more relaxed, and their life is easier to live. 'Fear' is the actual notion that cripples most people, unsurmountably. OK, I am physically damaged, but I feel that I have gained so much through accepting this two-word phrase. I am so incredibly lucky to know that '**** happens'.
It was one of the first comments that i made, after awakening from my comatose state. People were startled, taken aback, so I then explained. It was a phrase used by one of my heroes, David Millar, back in around 2003/04, being interviewed on TV, when explaining failure of a 'performance-enhancing-drugs' test. As a very keen cycling fan, with plenty of background knowledge, I kept faith and belief in him. I was left to understand that phrase a lot more.

'Maglia azzuro' et 'Maglia verde'

 3 cross the line together as Caleb Ewan wins stage 7 of the Giro D'Italia, today. Pictures, screenshot from EurosportTV. Thank you.

The above set of words is a personal note reminding me that things have changed in the last decade. I followed the sport of professional cycling so closely, in 2006. I cycled parts of the Tour de France route, and wrote my book 'Colours of the Peloton'. Jerseys awarded to the leader of various competitions have changed. Blue is now green, which in the Tour de France is the same as 'Ciclamino' in the Giro! Sorry, you probably do not know what i talk about. In this 21st century world of 'global pro-cycling', I think that each national tour should involve the same leader's jerseys. No confusion? Greater value? 

New iPhone 'case' 


My screen cover has had a few too many air-bubbles. They drive me crazy, so... I felt the desire to peel it off. I am now aware that my phone is facing potential ruin, if damaged. So, a plan was made. I will protect it when carried in my bag, using a cycling sock as a sleeve. I now only check my phone's notifications when I am stopped and am ready to look under the 'Campagnolo sock'! My phone continues to buzz and whir at me, but I am going to ignore it until I am ready! 'Notifications' will no longer run my life! I want to regain part of my life that has been eaten by my phone!



Please…
I understand that unfortunately, we are probably too late to organise this for the 2017 General Election, but this country is in desperate need of an update to our 'fair' electoral process. Everyone's vote is just as important as each other. We cannot allow our opinions to be squashed, becoming so insignificant because we live in 'the wrong borough'. We must be proud of our democracy, therefore we should allow it to exist properly. The UK is not a 'mini-USA'. Each county is not an individual state, governed individually, each with their own laws. We do not live in divisions of race, gender, sexuality, or location. The smallest division, is this countrywide. I am just as equal as anyone else in this country, therefore my vote should be valued just as equal. Unfortunately we are still living under a government which is elected through a seemingly ancient system. It should surprise no-one that many people do not vote. The whole system is rigged.

CV and work examples


This past couple of weeks, has seen me create a '2017 updated'  CV and Mini-Folio of work examples...



Music.

'To Bear Sir' is an artist that I have previously promoted on this blog. Released today, 'Hold Yourself Tight' the album was bought/downloaded this morning. I have only listened to it once, so far. I can tell that it is not as downbeat/depressing as his EP that i fell in love with ('A Carnage, Uneasy Moan'). It is  a wonderful record, and i encourage you to investigate.


No comments:

Post a Comment