Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 9 June 2017

...has NEVER won



I open this week's post with a photo of my current read, and below, a six-word quote from Albert Camus, whose work, i love reading.

'There is no sun without shadow'
As ever, people will read different messages from such quotes. Personally, I read it as a simple message that there will always be a negative aspect of something considered to be positive. It may be hidden, but will exist.



If you are not new to this blog, or indeed myself, you will understand that I love my coffee.



My weekend nights involve time dedicated to my Bialetti! It is too big for one person, so I keep the second half, to consume cold in the following morning.

My Bialetti ‘Espresso Macchiato Freddo'!




;)

Little Hurricane Slingshot

Vorrei un cafe SENZA ZUCCA, SEMPRE!

Wednesday, I visited '2 Love Tea and Coffee' in Clapham Junction (http://independentcoffeeshops.blogspot.co.uk/p/2good.html). Amazing shop. I felt relaxed enough to type the section below. However, I also noticed that I was on part of a road  which introduces successfully, a 'curbless' pavement. It may sound crazy, but as a wheelchair user, I found this to be so incredibly liberating! I don't really know why, but I think it was the fact that I seemed to have more similar abilities to a fully able-pedestrian. I didn't, but i could cross the road whenever needed. No curb keeping me stuck until i reached the next opportunity. Wisely labelled and sign-posted, with shallow gutters on either side, I don't know why this system is not more widely introduced. 



Pavement in Clapham Junction, St John's Road

I type this note on Wednesday (even though this week's post will be published on Friday, after the General Election). I am scared pre-election. Please be warned, I don't mince my words!
(edited)
This country has decided to support the 'ultra right-wing' in a nationwide referendum. This country seems to be masochistic, electing a right-wing government in 2015, AND leaving Europe. However, I am lucky enough to live in a democracy, I shouldn't complain. A democracy can be unbalanced by the media, but essentially it is still a democracy in which all votes are counted. A democracy, but not really. The government is going to be left or right. Unfortunately there are bigger problems facing the entire human race, other than tax ratings. We have taken too much from this world, without paying back. I fear that we maybe awaiting a global, natural disaster before people force their governments to take notice. Until then, people everywhere, are happy to live in massive ignorance! I find it abhorrent that people as introspective as Mr Trump, are voted to lead a democracy. Such power he triumphantly parades, yet he has no power against nature. Why do we accept this? Oh, because our 'strong and stable' prime minister acts like his pet dog! I cannot handle five more years of this. This election will not affect our country alone. We must stand beside Macron of France, up against Trump’s dangerous, greedy, ignorant decisions.

Just a warning, if you think you live in a open democracy ...

Prime minister, Theresa May has NEVER won a General Election!


No comments:

Post a Comment