Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




click image for original scale

Friday 2 June 2017

We owe it to ourselves

I feel that humans exist with the drive forward, to attain their target, and aim to reach a moment of pure happiness with everything complete. Once you have reached paradise, everything stops. People cannot live in paradise, there are always things in life that can be improved. Paradise is not a place on a map, it is a moment in your life. It is how you feel. If you think that you have reached it, be warned. Nothing lasts forever. What will you do next?
I feel wounded, but so strengthened and proud of the fact that I can realise/understand this concept. I am wounded so deeply psychologically, as i watch other loving partners hold hands. A symbol suggesting equality, respect, aid, support and love between two people. Over a decade. I am sensing fear that it is my destiny to continue alone forever more.

Thank you to everyone who leaves comments on this blog, or messages back to me. I cannot show enough appreciation. Positives all around can only seem to benefit myself, primarily. Thank you.

Overcoats 

I am a fan. Not primarily because they are a female duet (although much of my recent iTunes playlists contain many female vocals). I describe the album as regularly presenting 'progressive vocals'. The band offer a new sound to me. I recommend.

Rwanda Tanzania Brazilian… Coffee blend
Wow!!! 😳 

Tuesday, I was free and decided to visit Central London, and my regular haunts. I was pleased to realise that I had timed it well, meaning that all three could be visited and current coffees, sampled! A single shot of Espresso accompanied by a glass of water were had in ‘The Espresso Room’ (St Martin’s Lane - http://independentcoffeeshops.blogspot.co.uk/p/new-row-espresso-room.html), ‘The Bar Italia’ (Frith Street, Soho - http://baritaliasoho.co.uk ), and ‘The Fleet Street Press Office’ (Fleet Street/Strand - http://independentcoffeeshops.blogspot.co.uk/p/fleet-st-press-coffee-on-edge-of-city.html). 
My wheelchair behaved well, power lasted well, and visited them in the order stated above. The expressive note above, was made on St Martin’s Lane. The flavour of this new blend resulted in the most stunning espresso that I have ever had. Flavour explosion, outstanding! I had lunch outside Bar Italia which correctly prides itself on everything served. Heading back down Drury Lane, towards the Aldwych crescent, I decided that it’d be totally foolish of myself to not veer to the left of the crescent, and ignore ‘The Fleet Street Press’. I had to enter and let it provide a ‘fair comparison’. It did. I can now comortably, confidently state that these three shops are the best (my favourite), of anywhere in the capital! 
Wednesday coffee purchases seemed boring!

My cry for Great Britain to embrace Proportional Representation in it’s political ‘democracy’ is supported by text of previous week’s posts, and the graphics below explaining the problem...




These two graphs were entirely personal creations, developed from information supplied on the 'electoral reform' webpage.

‘Proportional representation is the idea that seats in parliament should be allocated so that they are in proportion to the votes cast. Although there are many different types of PR, this is the base requirement for a system to be described as proportional.’

‘Rather than the winner-take all approach of other systems, PR ensures that votes carry equal weight.’

Part of my work for 'London Green Party' promotes key parts of the Green manifesto for this Thursday's General Election...



We are less than a week away.
I hope that I will be writing next week’s post, under a new government! Otherwise, this country remains stuck for another FIVE YEARS! Please.

Don't worry, some comedy and some music...
The late, great Rik Mayall, had offered an amazingly realistic and accurate prediction of our state of affairs.
Brexit.

Music
Initially promoted last week, on this blog, 'Little Hurricane' get a further introduction.
Little Hurricane

Wednesday saw me handing out ‘Kingston Green Party leaflets’ at Surbiton Station. I had designed them, we had them printed sustainably, and now i was directly involved in a final process of ‘communication’. Often, my wheelchair has resulted me in not participating in this late stage, but ’Surbiton Station’, i couldn’t resist! I gave a high number out, now i can only pray that they were received as positively as i thought… 
The more votes for The Green Party, the louder our Green voices will be heard, with greater attention paid to us and therefore enabling a greater effect, for everyone.


I hope that everyone votes with a conscious effort, next week. We owe it to ourselves and every generation of the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment