Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




click image for original scale

Friday 21 July 2017

insurmountable

I sleep on the weekends. 
I cannot really remember any unusual sleeping habits. I am not too strange, but, I do notice that I often seem fairly tired in weekday mornings due to going to sleep fairly late (12 midnight), but always waking at 7.30. I sleep well, deeply. Basically, I'm writing a poor excuse to sleep-in, on weekends! If I have the time, I devote it to sleep! :) I am only 'active' on the weekends, in the afternoon!  💤

I have lived in 'heaven', i have experienced 'paradise', but nothing ever lasts forever. I want to warn people to 'make sure that you are grateful to every one of your friends, NOW.' 
Live life as a session of small experiences. Pay each experience as much attention as you can, it'll only happen once. Time never repeats itself 100%. Life's session of experiences may soon be over. Experience each as fully as you can, and hold the memory of it.

A 20th century, Algerian, theologist/author/playwright/philosopher, Albert Camus provides my current, favourite reads.

A few very interesting quotes from the amazing author...
Each is worth reading again, a couple of times.
Please think about them, again, and again...

Do not be afraid of spending quality time by yourself. Find meaning or don't find meaning but 'steal' some time and give it freely and exclusively to your own self. Opt for privacy and solitude. That doesn't make you antisocial or cause you to reject the rest of the world. But you need to breathe. And you need to be.
ALBERT CAMUS, Notebooks 1951-1959

Do not wait for the Last Judgment. It takes place every day.
ALBERT CAMUS, The Fall

If the world were clear, art would not exist.
ALBERT CAMUS, The Myth of Sisyphus

Charm is a way of getting the answer yes without ever having asked a clear question.
ALBERT CAMUS, The Fall

I questioned my 'outgoing flirt ability', asking a friend, earlier this week. I doubted myself and my actions, but was assured...
'One day it'll work!'
I don't pray, as I'm not religious, I just have to remain confident enough. One day...

The truth is that absurd things happen. We only live our lives once, most people are only encountered once. If there is a repetition, there will be a due reason. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being positive. It is good to make people smile. It is only correct to encourage beautiful smiles!
I find it to be wrong, to not pay due respect to those who deserve it!

Joni Mitchell 
The last time I saw Richard


After hearing this beautiful song, on BBC Radio6, early on Thursday morning, I decided more Joni Mitchell was needed. Quite possibly the best female voice ever, i think.
I had the album ‘Blue’, so followed it up with her following album.


A photo that i found that I had taken in 1994. I wanted to scan it, as it reminds me of the the amazing, breathtaking feeling, it gave. 
I felt on top of the world (well 'Europe')! Nature's scale is insurmountable! Nothing but pure white! Mont Blanc.


View from Aiguille du Midi, Mont Blanc 

No comments:

Post a Comment