Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




click image for original scale

Friday 14 July 2017

July 14th

Quatorze Juillet - Bastille Day
French national holiday today!
Warren Barguil wins stage, wearing polka-dot jersey, on July 14th… so French!! :)




Trump hints at climate deal shift in Paris talks

President Macron, the one man who I trust to hold strong when talking with Donald Trump.

Dominic’s RideLondon
My brother is cycling the '100miles London-Surrey' loop event, in a aid of the Royal Hospital for Neuro-Disability in Putney. This is so special because to myself, as i was a patient here, during my initial recovery from my accident/comatose state. The RHN is a charity, relying on donations. It is such an amazing place, continuing to offer support to so many. As a cyclist myself, I rode the same distance once, in France, two weeks before my accident. Fortunately I know that my brother has trained and is focussed. I have every confidence in his ability.

I urge you to support him and his cause, by offering what you can, through the following link...

A happy start to the week
My second annual peak, is always scheduled to coincide with the beginning of the Tour de France. As part of my 'circuit' at the Gym, I spend five minutes on the 'Motomed' gym-bike. After training in my flat, a lot, I managed to attain a PB, at the gym, on Monday. 
35W average power output  for 5 mins 
2.57km in 5minutes
30.84kph

Tuesday Album of the day (BBC6Music)

This is the kit 'Moonshine Freeze'
Kate Stables - lead vocals

I regularly find myself questioning my own thoughts/concepts. This leads me even further. I have always done this (even before my accident). I question myself to strengthen myself. I apologise, as I realise that I may seem too 'complex, deep, up-myself, whacky'. I am sorry.


Our superior power, held at a 'God-like' status, is obviously superior to human cognition, it is far too powerful for us to understand, to question, or to fully believe. No one knows, fortunately! Human-existence relies on our ignorance.

No comments:

Post a Comment