Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




click image for original scale

Friday 7 July 2017

Historic Day! :)

I have just watched today’s stage of the Tour de France. 
Wow!

I personally think it resulted in the tightest sprint finish that I have ever seen. I still remain unconvinced that Marcel Kittel should be declared winner. Unlucky Edvald!

Friday evenings are never positive for me. Ever since my early stages of recovery, I have recognised partially, how different I am. I had rarely been a full-out party-goer, however now I  am not even expected to have any kind of social-life or existence on a Friday night. Difficult, because it is the end of my week as well, but I don't experience daily life and it's stresses, like anyone else. I type this note in a bar, on a Friday 7pm. Half a Guinness, bar is getting busier, finished, time to go. Alone. I usually prefer to be alone, but not always...

It is sunny, good weather, I am about town, and I realise that I should not feel such anguish that is stated above. A very large proportion of people are not living their lives. So many live their lives 'virtually', through their mobile phones. People are negating their own experiences of daily life, to ensure they're promoting their 'perfect lives' online. Hehe, I make this note for my blog post, on my iPhone, having stopped in the middle of the pavement, oops! ;)

Every second counts…
A sport that has had so many problems with 'cheating', predominantly 'performance enhancing drugs', but all performance-maximising factors will always pushed to the max... What is cheating? 'Cheating' cannot always be wrong...

Tuesday, I had been feeling rubbish all day. Not Ill, just negative. However, it is through making this note that I manage to step-back, take a deep breath. Think. Yes, I have many, many problems. I could go on and on and on, but 'complaining' never gets anyone, anywhere. However, I remain proud of the fact that I accept fate, know that s**t happens and life can be 'absurd' (as correctly described by existentialism). I know that 'my time' awaits, I just don't know what it is. This theory is driving me crazy as I cannot narrow my focus down to one path. I have to attempt all paths, but I can only do so, weakly and inadequately!
Deeeeep! Confused? Sorry, so am i!.

Richmond Park photo
'Set Alight' by Ida Hollis


A beautiful, beautiful, beautiful place deserves to be represented supremely. Even before my accident, Richmond Park was so close to my heart (local to my amazing secondary school 'Greycourt', close to home,  allowing my love for cycling to be born and grow so much). A close friend has always been a talented artist. A superb jazz-bassist, and an amazing photographer...


They are not new to me, yet, i think I omitted them from this blog, previously as I felt that 'female vocalists' had been seriously suffering 'overkill', on this blog!

I include them now, having rediscovered the 5-piece, finding a super live session, promoting their new album.
The Wild Reeds - Full Performance (Live on KEXP)



I am on the verge of publishing this week's post, and i learn with great happiness, that today is an amazing, historic day!...


No comments:

Post a Comment