Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




click image for original scale

Friday 4 August 2017

This time

Last Sunday, my brother successfully completed the RideLondon100. I talk about it here because I am so pleased for him. Sponsorship reached over £1400.00, in aid of the 'Royal Hospital for Neuro-disability'. I was a patient here in 2007, following my accident, aiding my initial rehabilitation. Also a keen cyclist, my injury understandably hit my brother hard, psychologically. But he dealt with University and key ages whilst I spent much time in hospitals and rehabilitation. One hundred miles is a proper ride! I only rode such a distance two weeks pre-accident, in Paris.

Well Done Dom!

Left to Right, break-away race leaders of the Professional race, hit Norbiton.
Matteo Trentin, Daryl Impey, and Jasper Stuyven.


Then, Monday's gym session let me test MY legs.
I am surprised, as I had not trained, to reach this goal so early (i was planning, for Autumn). My goals basically call for me to ride a similar distance, but at stronger resistances.
Goal achieved early, but riding will continue!
30kph in higher gear (g15)
Unexpected 
:s !!

Let fate dictate you and your actions. If you fight against fate, you will lose. Such a battle will result in your energy being turned from 'positivity' (that you had wished for), into 'negativity' (no-one wants). It can be nice to dream but the fall to reality can outweigh this, and hurt more! Dream, but always keep in contact with the real world! Real happiness is so much more valuable.

Wheelchair charge
A complex issue for me, because I have an ethical conscience, but I MUST have enough life in my 'wheelchair battery'. I also know that it is stupid, dangerous, bad , and wrong to overcharge batteries...
You probably do not realise how rubbish it is to be so dependable on something so vital.
I have had to live like this for the past decade, yet I am still troubled!

True Love Waits - A Moon Shaped Pool version

Tuesday
Listening, to 6music, I find out that we are now closer to the ‘autumn midpoint’ (middle between summer equinox and winter equinox), than mid-summer! Thank you Lauren Laverne!
:(

This time

20years ago!
Looking back on my life, ...
I listen to the song, and it stops me. It makes me review my existence of the last decade. I am incredibly proud! I know that I deserve perfection. I will not settle for anything less. I realise why I am still waiting. I know how that I can wait forever. I must not have a problem with this.

I am reading a lot of Albert Camus at the moment. Many of his stories/theories involve  his concept of 'the absurd'. My very brief description is that Camus' absurd explains that ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. Not everything can be clearly explained through the standard cause/effect process.



"Philosophically, Camus is known for his conception of the absurd. Perhaps we should clarify from the very beginning what the absurd is not. The absurd is not nihilism. For Camus the acceptance of the absurd does not lead to nihilism (according to Nietzsche nihilism denotes the state in which the highest values devalue themselves) or to inertia, but rather to their opposite: to action and participation. The notion of the absurd signifies the space which opens up between, on the one hand, man’s need for intelligibility and, on the other hand, 'the unreasonable silence of the world' as he beautifully puts it." 


No comments:

Post a Comment