Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




click image for original scale

Friday 22 September 2017

100% cannot exist...?

Where is your focus? At what level is your focus?
Consider two things (similar or different). By zooming out, to an infinite level, at some point, they will be considered as identical. The opposite applies as well. The closer you study, zoom in on two of the same thing, differences will be spotted. 
Everything is relative. Remember to value this, and use it as you wish. However, do remember that everyone will view things differently. Different situations, mean different focal points. Everyone is unique. Nothing is viewed 100% identically. Nothing is 100%. 


For weekend espressos ...
Santos and Java
(Brazilian & Indonesian) Dark Roast

...explained...
Dark roast = less caffeine/ greater coffee flavour
OR
Light roast = more caffeine / more flavoursome bean

You should know by now that I take my coffee-drinking seriously. 
At the shop, topping up my home-stock of beans, I was influenced by the shop staff, i admit. She was Brazilian! I chewed/tasted the raw bean, and WOW!  
Only black filter coffee is ever had during the weekdays. The weekends arrive, and i use my Bialetti espresso machine. I have chosen to use two beans, for the two methods (either during the week / or at the weekend).
This new dark-roast, Brazilian coffee deserves to be used properly, in my Bialetti.



My usual blend will continue to be used mid-week.
San Agustin and Yirgacheffe
(Colombian & Ethiopean) Medium Roast
Midweek evenings

Franz Kafka may have defeated me! His stories in my book are only short, and so very abstract, I struggle to locate a storyline to hook onto. I sat reading 'Metamorphosis' and was bemused, he seemed to be using such figurative language that it was a closest essence of how much of my mind was feeling whilst in hospital/post-coma. Puzzling. Defeat hurts.

My next read will be a revisit. I first read ‘The Outsider’ by Albert Camus, last century. I wrote aN essay for my English GCSE, comparing it to Mary Shelley’s ‘Frankenstein’. It should be interesting!





Wednesday was the Cycling World Championships, Elite Men’s Individual Time Trial. I was out, but mostly caught key moments by watching the Eurosport App… 
Silver medallist was Primosz Roglic, but the podium was topped and footed by the two supreme cyclists of current times, Tom Dumoulin  (Gold, and winner of Giro D’Italia 2017), and Chris Froome (winner of Tour De France and Vuelta a Espana 2017). I don’t think such domination has ever happened before!

Screenshots of 'Eurosport1' were taken, via my iPhone :)





British media will never promote British Cycling success properly! Having won two Grand tours, I believe a bronze medal as well, is an amazing success for Mr Froome!
Chapeau Chris! You are deserving of a rest now!

screenshot off BBC homepage

Giuliano’s Delicafe
I write this out of pure love for this cafe. Not only does it offer the best Italian food Kingston (probably SouthWest London),  but is pinned in the town-centre, tucked-away, hidden behind the ever-busy marketplace. Pasta dishes are all supreme. The bruschetta that are served, are mouth-wateringl. It never seems to have a constant flow of customers, which is crazy! I feel qualified enough, reviewing such a place, because, as you know, I access plenty of similar locations (if they are wheelchair accessible)!

'X' marks the location.





I saw someone quoting themselves online…
‘I don’t believe in luck.’
Unsurprisingly it struck me, and i questioned how i felt. I remember that as a child/teenager, I felt similarly.
It may surprise you to find that I remain the same. 
I do not believe in luck, but i do believe in ‘fate’ and a ‘pre-determined destiny’.
I believe that everyone’s fate is different, and will lead them to their unique destiny (which is already set)…
ok…
‘Luck’ is just part of ‘fate’


No comments:

Post a Comment