Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 1 September 2017

Psycho

Muse
Headline Reading Festival 2017

Psycho


In 2002 I vividly remember being at the Reading Festival as a fun-lovin' 18 year-old. One of my favourite acts were headlining the main-stage. I had seen them the previous year, at the V-Festival, but they had since released the 'Origin Of Symetry' album. Their performance of 'Plug In Baby' was amazing. Fifteen years later, the band remains, the festival remains, the music new, but similar quality! Radiohead headlining Glastonbury (seen), and Muse headlining Reading (seen)! I am quite content having watched, this year, on TV.

Another series of selfi-photos were taken on Monday. Bank-Holiday, I was wearing pink, and felt confident enough to do such and take a photo! Rare, as i am still not a fan of 'Selfies' (i do not fancy myself too much). I couldn't quite believe what i was doing, hence the lack of smiling!
Pink




2007... When I awoke, I remember being so shocked, stunned and hurt that I couldn't ride a bike anymore. Oh......  and I couldn't walk...

My brain is CONSTANTLY working extra hard, attempting to correct many of the issues that i face. I am tired of this. EVERYDAY! Broken...
... But then i realise that my 'wildcard' is due. People may think low of me, but only I know what i have been through. I tell myself that I've faced much bigger issues before, and I have obliterated them. I am lucky as well, and I know that. Humans always desire more, however 'complete' their life is. Live for the moment of NOW, stop living in the future, it doesn't exist. The future never exists. Happiness, more or less, it's just a change in me, something in my liberty, oh mine, my, my, mine.
Song lyrics of the previous sentence, were re-learnt in my music-therapy at the RHN hospital in Putney.

My recent music-collection addition, was released last year. Kate Tempest has proved to me that she is a lyrical genius. On her website, she explains that she is a 'Musician/Poet/Novelist/Playwright'. Her refreshing use of language, clearly provides proof for her to sit in all groups, simultaneously wearing all hats.
It hurts me to say that many of the painful stories that are told, regarding the world's tears of suffering, still exist this year and face little chance of solution. 


Please listen to what she is saying...



Let them eat chaos - album released October 2016 


Three instructions, to myself...
Just live...
Experience without expectation 
Smile

Life is so much better without being weighed down by your own self-expectation. People suffer through carrying the weight of their own expectations. It can be easy to dismiss another's, but your self-expectation is what counts. It is the level of pressure that you apply onto yourself. If you apply too much, you will lose your real experiences.

Experience life. Let your life count to yourself. You owe it to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment