Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 13 October 2017

Saturday 14th October...

Friday 13th
Tomorrow is yet another Saturday 14th October. Eleven years since my accident, exactly! It was a  Saturday 14th October 2006. A day following Friday 13th gave me incredible luck. I would like to say that I've disregarded superstition since, but i cannot. Only now, recently, I have checked my calendar, and found that this is first time since 2006, that we've had a Saturday 14th October! Hmmm...
Eleven years since i rode my beloved Bianchi!...




Joshua Homme and Dean Fertita (QOTSA)


I believe that human souls live on forever. Not complete, altogether, or in a human form, obviously. Humanity has existed for such an incredibly long duration, essences of our character must have previously existed somehow, somewhere. These ‘essences’  are forever lived and developed. As long as humanity exists, our total sum of ‘essences’ must equate. As we destroy our world, we must develop our ‘essences’, maintaining a 'human balance'. Artists and fellow creatives can devote their entire lives towards as much creativity as seemingly possible. However essences can all be traced somehow and somewhere, far-back, through history. The only important, unique thing/'essence' left to be created, is from the power of nature. Are humans foolish enough to gamble against nature? 

Have we not evolved enough to recognise our own stupidity? 

Are we not intelligent enough to act wisely?

Our desire for more, continues to develop into greed for more. Such ignorance of us all, should make us ashamed of our actions. We know that these problems exist, but we ALL claim ignorance. Humanity cannot continue like this.

Now I return to 'own-up'. I admit that I am a 'regular' in one of the big, high-street cafes in Surbiton. I cannot name names here, but it is the best one out of the 'big 3'! 
Anyway...
I only ever buy an Espresso with a glass of water. I often remain sitting by the counter as i have my water. I am able to observe patterns of other customers. I sit and watch as they pay three times as much as me, for their caffeinated-sugar-milk creation with extra cream and chocolate sprinkles! They grab their take-away polystyrene cup, a plastic lid and STRAW! Then they call it 'coffee'!
Please behave.
The sheer amount of ‘new coffee-drinks’ that the UK consume is shocking. Expensive!



Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment.’ Michael Corleone, Godfather 3

Marissa Nadler uses ‘different’ sale!
I received an email recently, providing me with details of the new Marissa Nadler release. A fan, I have promoted her before on this blog
(first inclusion http://patrickgoodacre.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/drug-appreciation.html).

Her new release tries to sell an increased experience. Please have a look at the following link. Marissa is selling more.





No comments:

Post a Comment