Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




click image for original scale

Friday 17 November 2017

grrrrrr!

17/11/17 Surbiton, facing north across Thames

Beware.
Life must never be complete. I remember being dumbfounded and puzzled, back in 2006. My life had reached a strange point. I had completed all of my desired, educational qualifications that had been directing my life for the previous 18 years. Everything had been achieved. I had part-time employment. I had cycled in the French Alps (including l’Alpe D’Huez) to watch the Tour de France (a lifelong dream). I had seen my favourite band headline at Glastonbury. I was so happily in a relationship with my wonderful girlfriend. I vividly remember staring at my girlfriend’s bedroom ceiling, thinking... ‘now what?’ ...
The following Saturday was the last time I rode  my bicycle.

The key, favourite artist to win this year’s Mercury Music Prize, was Kate Tempest with her album ‘Let Them Eat Chaos’. Kate is a musician also considering herself a poet, a novelist, and a playwright. Her ingenious style may seem fairly new and revolutionary, typified by the album’s final song.

Tunnel Vision

Gggggrr!!
I press the ‘special bell’. I call out to the driver, clearly, so that i am notifying passengers, as well.
‘CAN YOU PUT THE RAMP DOWN AT THE NEXT STOP PLEASE? Thank you’
... if I’m lucky...
But general awareness from everyone is amazingly positive. Incidents which leave me frustrated, rarely happen. The bus drivers’ awareness has improved so much, 99% of journeys are perfect. Things have improved so much, in terms of everyone’s general awareness of wheelchair users, conveniently, along with my own experience of ‘wheelchair-life’. 

One Green Makes A Difference


If you don’t have a Green in the room, these problems aren’t discussed.
Baroness Jenny Jones
Virtually everyone may be aware of certain issues, but it can be so much easier for politicians, to ignore them if thought of as problematic. However, problems need to be tackled and solved, and therefore discussed. The Green Party provide members, who will force problems to be discussed, and will not let the issue be ignored.

'Constant growth cannot exist.' Baroness Jenny Jones

Climate Change is happening. It has been inevitable for years. 
We must act responsibly, trying to minimise the effect of it on our planet, and how it will affect humanity in future years.



People really must not complain, with closed ears!
I name no names, but 'GRRRRRR'! I was at a talk, earlier in the week. Not a Green Party talk, but a new experience for me. It was held midday, and i was very much aware that the whole group was an older generation. An older generation that fortunately made me realise, this sort of insular, self-concentrated, politics cannot last forever. All had truly valid issues, and problems, but described them as if solutions could only ever be allowed for themselves, alone. The possibility that anyone else in the future may face the same problem, was totally ignored. 

I sat there, biting my lip as much as needed (I did provide suitable help, but felt ignored). Yet more notification for me, as to why this country is falling. Problem, the rest of the world follows us! :(



No comments:

Post a Comment