Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




click image for original scale

Friday 24 November 2017

Live Forever


Recycling symbols
Society has developed progressively, in recent years. Now that it is almost the normality for people, to responsibly recycle products and packaging, when we can. However, who can accurately name all of the different colours, logos, and understand fully the important graphic labels that are spewed at us by every different product? No-one. No-one can fully understand these vital instructions.

bin bags

Rubbish bin bags have one destination in their life, a rubbish dump, a waste site. My basic research (entering three high-street shops/supermarkets), explains to my horror, that they live forever! Fully bio-degradable bin bags would obviously be problematic, but surely not an impossibility (as proved by food-caddy waste)? I find that companies want to advertise how ‘ethical’ they are, by telling us all that the paper label is recyclable. I am discovering that my best option, contains 40%  of previously recycled plastic (I may have to litter the planet forever, but ‘2/5 recycled’ is the best it gets, at the local supermarket).
Wow!’ (sarcastic)

Ok, I have been troubled by this issue far too much. Unfortunately I know that i am a rare person, to be thinking like this. I cannot help it, I hear stories regularly, of how much plastic is harming our planet. It offends me hugely that there is a serious lack of thought regarding this issue, from other humans. Ok, concern is felt by a few, but it is a drastic problem! I am in the shops, searching, and I can find none that are bio-degradable (apart from food-caddy bags). Why can’t bio-degradable plastic bags be the norm? Read labels fully. Don’t be fooled, be ethical. Please.

My philosophical thoughts, and my existentialist beliefs, better be true! I try to be ‘a good person’, as does everyone. Unsurprisingly, I do have difficult times, as does everyone. More difficult than some, less difficult than others. Maybe, I will forever feel frustrated that I am alone, maybe I won’t. However, we all experience the present, now. Now I am alone. It just so happens that i have been alone for the past decade. What can anyone do, about anything? We have to let fate take its course. We must ride the waves.

What do you call an alligator wearing a vest?
An investigator 

Soren Kierkegaard
Fear and Trembling

I decided to read the original. Generally, the philosophical theory of ‘existentialism’, is traced back to this author’s writings. First published in 1843, Kierkegaard explains here, the terrible position that ‘Abraham’ finds himself in. An intelligent, faithful, religious man (who, later on we learn, is mute), Abraham is asked by God to sacrifice his only son, Isaac. Should Abraham please God by doing such?
Deep. A deep book, but I am so glad to have read!
Back-cover description:
‘Regarded as the father of existentialism, Kierkegaard transformed philosophy with his conviction that we must all create our own nature; in this great work of religious anxiety, he argues that a true understanding of God can only be attained by making a personal ‘leap of faith’.


A section from the Guardian article (linked below), explains an inspirational belief of Jean-Paul Sartre and Simone de Beauvoir.
“Once Sartre and de Beauvoir became politicised,” Bakewell says, “they said that since one is free, what one does really matters. You must choose what you do as if you were choosing for the whole of humanity.”

I am used to strangers severely patronising me. People see me and they belittle me, because i am in a wheelchair. Yes, they do, the harsh truth of it. I am used to this. C’est la vie. They think low of me, but i think much lower of them. If you presume i go to a day centre, then you don’t know me, and I don’t want to know you!


Soulwax - From Deewee
‘Is It Always Binary’ 



It is ‘Black Friday’ today...
You can guess my attitude towards this totally unnecessary event that exists purely to explode our greed. I am unsure about the history of this American celebration, or if there is any necessary reason to celebrate greed. ‘Greed’ is bad. The more ‘positive’ that you will feel now, the larger the ‘negative’ that awaits humanity.


No comments:

Post a Comment