Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 1 December 2017

beneficial

I was never, ever in doubt of this…
‘Drinking more than three cups a day was not linked to harm, but the beneficial effects were less pronounced.’



I apologise if any of my blog is nonsensical for you! You will probably know that i type each post, from a collection of notes, made throughout the week. I then collate them on Friday, and publish the post. A graduate in both 3D and 2D design, the true quality of my ‘English Language’ has always been suspect, even before my accident (so do not want to use it as an excuse)! I admit, that I am perhaps lazy when i create a note for discussion. I type, and type as i consider the meaning of the note itself. I do not cut-down the rambling language when i publish. Sorry.

I am currently enjoying the read of ‘The Fastidious Assassins’ by Albert Camus. The author explains the psychologically complex issues regarding Communism of the Post-War years.

‘History is only governed by two principles, the State and social revolution, revolution and counter-revolution, which can never be reconciled, and which are engaged in a death-struggle. The State is the incarnation of crime. ‘The smallest and most inoffensive State is still criminal in its dreams.’ Therefore revolution is the incarnation of good.’
Page 45 ‘The Fastidious Assassins’, Albert Camus

“Every revolutionary ends up either by becoming an oppressor or a heretic.” 

“You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.” 

Tuesday...
I am at Waterloo whilst I type this note, as i am planning an important trip on next Monday.  I am very grateful to  the rail staff who are everywhere around, allowing me to feel totally relaxed. I restrain from sniggering to myself when I witness other fully able-bodied people, foolishly, stumbling around, demanding help from staff. Some people can be so arrogant, and yet simply stupid! Please maintain a respectful attitude towards any staff, anywhere, that are there to help you. Do not act above them, you are not!

I know that I am fairly memorable. I smile because I am terrified by the thought of someone recognising me as a miserable, disabled man. 


The new Noel Gallagher album ‘Who Built The Moon’, is superb.
A BIG sound, from a man who knows what he is doing! Here he has successfully demonstrated to everyone, that he knows how to write music, not just rock’n’roll.
A third of the way through the album, an amazing song showing us that Noel is truly breaking free. Midway through ‘It’s A Beautiful World’ we are given an alert announcement in French! Mr Gallagher correctly feels confident enough to engage listeners, in such a new style! 
‘Attention, attention! Mesdames et Messieurs...’ 
One of the best songwriters around.


Track 10, ’The Man who Built the Moon’ is such a strong, anthemic tune. This will be big.
The album also includes one of my favourite ‘Gallagher songs’, of all time. Quite a bold statement, yes, but it is true. Recorded live, acoustic, in Dublin, ’Dead in the Water’ an amazing completion of an amazing album.  

101 years later, we still fail to understand. We choose the most patriotic decision of all (‘we love ourselves too much, so we’re gonna quit Europe’). Tragic.


This beautiful memorial, just on the edge of Trafalgar Square, is on to St Martin’s lane. It stands out, supreme, for me, because it does not attempt to glorify those who have fallen, it explains how we have gone wrong. It’s quote, dated from the middle of the Great War, explains the true Human tragedy, and how we must avoid it. 
Edith Cavell
‘Patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness for anyone.’

Undivided attention 
I speak on my mobile phone sometimes, although largely communicate through text messages. I am fortunate. I cannot talk on my phone, whilst driving my wheelchair. I do either/or. One at a time, allows my full attention to be given to both. It disgusts me when I witness those able-bodies who try and talk on their phone whilst failing to walk without colliding into others. Some idiots love providing such arrogant body language (‘oh,  i am just SOOOO busy, because I am SOOOO popular. I’m in a RUSH because I lead such a MANIC life’). Grow up.

Released yesterday, this poster for next year’s World Cup, is brilliant.
It should become iconic.


BBC.co.uk provides relevant background information... 
Dedicated to Soviet-era goalkeeping icon Lev Yashin, widely considered one of the game's greatest stoppers and the last keeper to win the Ballon d'Or, the poster is designed by Igor Gurovich. It features old school design techniques and aims to shed light on Russia's footballing heritage.
“It’s a true reflection of Russia’s artistic and football heritage,” said FIFA’s secretary general, Fatma Samoura.


No comments:

Post a Comment