Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




click image for original scale

Friday 8 December 2017

Bounce back

Some might say that I am getting too excited, too early. Every fourth December is the same. End of the month brings a World-Cup year! This, forthcoming World-Cup however, could become a bit of an anti-climax. Amongst many others, no USA, no South Africa, no Turkey, no Ghana, no Ivory Coast, no Austria, no Greece, no Romania, no Wales, no Chile, no Norway, no Scotland, no Ireland, no Holland, and no Italy!
The graphic below signifies countries that have qualified (Blue), and those that did not qualify (Yellow).



You all know the significance of 2006 for me (my accident). It was an amazing year of ‘my sports’, being a keen cyclist and a lifelong football fanatic. I recently discovered the following online video. 
An eye-opening, interview of England’s core, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, and Rio Ferdinand



This blog is entirely about me! Therefore I am totally comfortable talking about my lifelong heroes. Good friends will already know that I have always loved the music of Jeff Buckley, even though i became a devoted fan, after he left us in 1997.
I never saw him, I was too young when he released his one studio album ‘Grace’, in 1995. The man provided such an outpouring of emotion through magical, amazing songs. The energy given to everything was unsurpassable.



I cannot believe that i have only just discovered this cover version of the LedZep classic…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2BMXH8BSUg When the Levee Breaks (Led Zeppelin cover)



In times of difficulty, think progressively.
Progressive = Positive
Bounce back.


Design for Dis-assembly
A ‘design for dis-assembly’ was a supremely important issue that was taught, through my ‘Industrial Design and Technology’ degree. Part of any product’s life-cycle, is it’s end-of-life. Unfortunately, perhaps importance of the issue was not prominent enough. It is only really since that I can recognise the utter waste of material. Many products/packaging that have been created are produced in a mass-scale, therefore mass-waste after use. Whenever I throw things away, I try to break them down. One’s general-rubbish bin can remain surprisingly empty, if one discards correctly, different parts in different bins! Reducing waste must be the direction forward, for the entire globe.

Marissa Nadler's new release of 'old' songs. Incredible.


‘Covers’
Covers include songs by Fleetwood Mac, Bruce Springsteen, The Lemonheads, Radiohead, 2 Bob Dylan, Cat Stevens, David Bowie, Loudon Wainwright, Duran Duran



“Become so very free that your whole existence is an act of rebellion.” 




Although I personally discovered this band last night, this video clip is dated last year (I’m late again)! April 2016. 
Escondido




No comments:

Post a Comment