Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




click image for original scale

Friday 9 February 2018

Pushing Progress

One of the biggest rivalries in football, Arsenal v Tottenham is scheduled for a mid-day kick-off tomorrow. It is preceded by another huge clash of rival ‘tifosi’.

Tonight’s game…
A challenge...




As a Fiorentina fan, I fear the worst.
…so…
Shift focus, yesterday’s stage in the UCI Pro-Cycling season…


Go Cav!!
Forza Elia!!
Another favourite of mine, Sonny Colbrelli, was victor today! :)

Drugs are bad. But...
I leave the Caffè, head back home, wearing a huge smile. I am aware that I regularly wear a smile...
Constantly smiling because constantly highly-caffeinated!
... partly.
This probably is part of the reason. Well definitely, only a part!



Please sign the link below...

Printed and out...



The newsletters that i designed, have been created and can be partly sampled through the above link. Distribution within our ‘target wards’ in the local elections, has begun. Royal Borough of Kingston is split into 16 different electoral wards, for this Local Election. I plan to design a more generic leaflet later, covering the entire borough.




“there are truths, but no truth” 
Camus explains there can be a seemingly infinite number of truths, although there should never be one over-ruling truth which all accepts as supreme.

When I was first imprisoned, the hardest thing was that my thoughts were still those of a free man.” 
I know it will not seem popular, but I often feel ‘imprisoned’, as I am forced to rely on a wheelchair, in current life. I have no choice. Do I consider myself totally free?

The greatness of man lies in his decision to be stronger than his condition.” 
I am ever-so proud of my mentality’s strength. I have battled through initial rehabilitation, convincing myself that I am psychologically stronger than this problem.

The absurd happens / **** happens
We can be certain of nothing. A young man, who had a strong education in design, supported by A-levels in Mathematics, Physics , and D&T, my mind had learnt to accept rational processes. My love of cycling even followed these principles. However, I had aged enough to realise and learn that absurdities happen. I remember becoming aware that my ‘goals’ were all being completed. My girlfriend and I seemed too happy and content. I shared my fear of ‘balancing absurdities’, possibly hidden around a near corner. I had absolutely no idea what, or how anything could happen. Over 6 months later, I wake up explaining simply, that ‘**** happens!’

Obscene ***k, without a heart!




One of THE BEST EVER…
My shuffled iPod, played me this earlier in the week.
I was alone in my flat, eating dinner, allowing me to sing along to every word. I used to love playing guitar along to this, but now I felt the freedom to sing passionately, along with Jeff!
The song's introduction, using an organ melody is mesmerising for me. It signals to me that over 6 minutes of heavenly music, awaits me!
Such joy. Such serenity.
Thank you Jeff. 
‘Oh Lover, You Should’ve Come Over ’




No comments:

Post a Comment