Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




click image for original scale

Friday 16 March 2018

Handy Scorpion!

Handy scorpion!
Playing against Cagliari, a Ciro Immobile equaliser rescued a point for I Biancocelesti (SS Lazio), 5 mins into stoppage time!


The video seems to include a random clip of some dancing!!!! V strange!

I am so unused to ‘normality’. Yet again, I sip my gorgeous cappuccino, on a Saturday. ‘My cafe’ is over-run by ‘normal people’ (it is the weekend)! I feel alarmed, dumbfounded but slightly bemused. 
I am currently only working on a voluntary basis. I cannot step into the ‘9-5, money-grabbing world’. I value life and our world too much, for this (or, I tell myself this).
But I do hurt, that I am not aboard the lifeline train on which most others are. I am forever confused. I have battled so far, through bad, horrid places but because I was chucked off the train early on, I may never re-board. I continue moving along, following the train, but never aboard. It is hard-work!

I am pleasantly surprised however, by the popularity of this blog. Last year’s ridiculously high number of page views may never be matched. It shall be regarded as an anomaly, but I continue this year to attain a large readership of this blog, of at least 1500 views per month. These numbers tell me that you people actually do read my thoughts and opinions! I know that I do regularly talk about personal passions, coffee, music, cycling and football. These may bore you, I am sorry. I often offer a balance, discussing topics which effect everyone. I try to help us all!
I guess I’ll keep 
Rambling 

Ramble on



Monday gym … 
2.25km in 5 minutes … 250m short :( = 27kph …hmmm
I have been alarmed. Alerted that I seem to have found my maximum gear (16 out of 20). Any tougher, then my average cadence is too low (below 50rpm)!
Therefore I plan to increase duration, but maintain speed. I sprint no more.

I got my keyboard back!
I had feared the worst, but found out that my iPad case needed new batteries!  The integrated keyboard uses it’s own batteries, and is not powered by the tablet itself. I recognise that this keyboard may not be as ‘ecologically sustainable’ as a touchscreen device, but I use my physical disability as an excuse! This Logitech case is super tactile. 



This short post is supplemented with a link to an interview with the worlds best lead-guitarist. Still a key member of the band, he has progressed his individual career, writing award-winning scores for film-music.




Extra supplements...
Some photos that i wish were mine, but attained through Twitter...






2 comments:

  1. you never bore me personally, your writing are all nice and worth to read

    ReplyDelete