Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




click image for original scale

Friday 2 March 2018

...to the sun!

I open this week’s post with a new music release of modern Composer, Nils Frahm. He has already appeared a number of times, on this blog. 
Nils Frahm - All Melody


BBC 6music reports of a legendary show of Nils Frahm, performed at London’s Barbican Centre, on this past weekend.

Approaching my ‘Monday Neuro-Gym’, I was nervous that I would test myself on the Gym-bike, and fail myself. Realising this possibility, I prepared an excuse...
Monday, snow excuse
It turns out that I not only achieved my goal but, i had done-so comfortably!
Happy! :)
2.57 g15
Tuesday, stress gave me enough power to start using g16!
Major F’n stress. Focussed into positive power!
I could be stuck in this gear for a while. It may take me a few weeks to train, and reach my target distance of 2.5km in 5minutes, using this tougher gear. 
Ah well, c’est la vie.

Culture-shift! 
I hear news of multinational fast-food chain Starbucks are introducing an extra-small tariff on ’single-use cups’.
Yipee!!
Related news (sort-of). Last weekend, my Bialetti espresso cup decided to jump.


Announced on Facebook…
Saturday - ‘Today it perished. Such a wonderful existence had to end at some point. Used across London, it threw itself from my bag, as I bumped down a curb, outside my flat. — feeling sad.’

Emergency replacement! 

I am not ‘the wheelchair’!
I was left flummoxed. Sitting on a busy bus, fellow passengers were alerted by the driver - ‘Could passengers please make room for the wheelchair?’. I should appreciate that he has done this. I should welcome the fact, however i felt like rubbish. I am a human, I am not ‘the wheelchair’. Was I regarded by everybody as an inanimate, mechanical contraption? Unfortunately I am a ‘wheelchair user’.

Some realise it is a requirement. Some abhorr cheats. 
Cheating in World Sport has consequences…

i believe that it is everyone’s social responsibility to express their views. Positive views and opinions must be expressed. We will recognise that there may be strong support/disapproval. A broader range of opinions and views, regarding  anything, should only be viewed as a positive.

My self-confidence is maintained, by just speaking the truth. I have nothing to hide because I feel that my ‘biggest flaw’ cannot be hidden, I need a wheelchair.
My confidence acts as a pleasant surprise to many people. I feed off their positive feedback, and continue on. Speak honestly. Be proud of your beliefs. Only you have your mind! Never be ashamed of your beliefs!

I have found, disturbingly, that my confidence often takes people by surprise, which they may not like. I then feel the negative effect.
I cannot be bothered to ramble on too much, and do not want tire you, so, just two short sentences... Girls, i have no more effort. I give up.

Sunday to Sunday… a race to the sun





My love of pro-cycling used to start each year with the Paris-Nice race. It used to be a key warm-up point for the seasons of Tour de France winners. Indurain, Landis, Contador, and Wiggins were the last double-victors. 
A penultimate day without the symbolic ‘Col d’Eze’, but inland climbs could prove very interesting.




I want to promote more music for you. I started this week's post with a piece, and i finish it as well. Recently discovered for myself, Marlon Williams proves genius in this video...
This was published in 2014



1 comment: