Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 28 July 2017

refractions

Born 1984...
2006, where do i go from here?
No-one chooses.

I do not believe in God and I am not an atheist.
ALBERT CAMUS, Notebooks 1951-1959

Your successes and happiness are forgiven you only if you generously consent to share them.
ALBERT CAMUS, The Fall

True black cannot exist, neither can true white. Colours only exist if visualised by someone/something. Light is required for all vision. Colours are refractions of light. Black is a composition of all colours. White is the opposite. It is nothing. Shades of black and tints of white, are the only possible truths. These extreme colours can only truly exist as concepts.

P.E.=K.E.
Newton's laws of motion
I apportion gratitude to Sir Isaac Newton. As a teenager, I learnt his theories over, and over again, whilst studying GCSEs, and on towards A-levels and graduate modules at university. A graduate in Industrial Design & Technology, I had studied Maths, Mechanics, and Physics A-levels, on route. Such a simple theory of 'Potential Energy' equating to 'Kinetic Energy', helped me realise that at some scale, things CAN be viewed as equal.  

OK, sorry. if i get ‘too deep’ here, but my bicycle accident has really let my mind develop these thoughts which i have always had whizzing around my head since a younger age. I remember enjoying cycling so much that often I made myself think, whilst riding, “this is everything to me”, “competitive sport, aerobic fitness, employed in a bike shop, love for all design involved, I love France and Italy  (2 ‘national hubs of the sport), scientifically and mathematically cycling is the  most ‘sustainable’ process, ecologically superior to anything else”… and…I am lightweight anatomically, allowing me to fly up climbs on which many would struggle.” 
All of these positives, cannot exist forever… well, i don’t see why not…
… What if something happens?.. oh man, don’t be stupid, just enjoy riding now!…
I ignored it, but I did have the fear that 'things will equal out'...
I had everything ticked off. I had graduated from my 'Industrial Design' degree, and had completed all the work needed for my 'Graduate Certificate in Design for Visual Communication'. I had seen Radiohead at Glastonbury in 2003. I had cycled up the Alpe D'Huez, to watch the Tour de France. I was extremely grateful that I was in love with my beautiful girlfriend. Content. Life was complete..?..
... Saturday, October 14th, 2006



I smile. I smile a lot. I smile a lot because I'm living 'bonus time'. I must not apply pressure onto myself. I have been tragically unlucky, but also supremely lucky. It alarms me to realise that I did used to have the thoughts, stated above. I had the accident, and I have kept hold of many vital mental processes. It used to terrify me that I would have an accident which resulted in me losing my mind!
...
No comment. ;)



I wanted to tell you my story, so a totally random dig into the archives...


Stormy clouds



No comments:

Post a Comment